Adobe Photoshop comes with many features which helps us to perform amazing tasks in designing and making creative stuff.
In this tutorial I will show you how to make a sphere of an image using Adobe Photoshop. This tutorial is very helpful in universe designing when you make different planets. At that time you can choose an image looking similar to earth or any other image and make a planet which looks realistic. This tutorial is very easy and can be completed in less than 15 minutes. So let’s get started.
How to create a Sphere of Image using Photoshop
Difficulty – Easy
Time – Less than 15 minutes
Assets – The image which you want to add
Before starting this tutorial note that this will work only on latest versions of Adobe Photoshop. Once I tried to make it using Adobe Photoshop 7 in my school and I failed. Just check that there is an option of clipping mask in your version as this tutorial will require the use of a clipping mask. If your version has it then you are ready to start.
1. Create a new file with your own settings and background. I am using a black background.
2. Select the ellipse tool and holding Shift+Alt, make a circle of any size.
3. Now it’s time to add the image. Select any image you want. I am adding earth texture image. Sorry for the bad image quality of the earth.
4. Now just resize it in such a way that it overlaps the circle which we created.
5. This is the most important step and make sure you don’t make any mistakes here. Keeping the earth image selected, hold Ctrl and click on the circle layer. It will just select the circle layer with the earth image selected.
6. Now press Ctrl+Alt+G to create a clipping mask. You will see the earth image clipped.
7. Now select both the layers of the planet and the image and convert them into a smart object.
8. Next step is to rasterize the layers.
9. It’s almost done and looks good but there is one more thing left. Now go to your filters and select the Spherize filter. Choose any value in the window of the sphere filer and click ok.
Also Read – How to make realistic stars in Adobe Photoshop.
It’s done very easily. You can add more effects to the image to make it look much real. You can make other planets in the similar way and make a space background with stars.